Yes, as you can imagine- the squirrels came back and they were hungry!! After re-filling the bird feeders, they are now already half empty! But don’t worry as my daughters informed me that the robins and blue tits also had their fair share of the food throughout the day.
Here are some fun facts about our new friends, the squirrels-
- There are around 280 different species of squirrel.
- Most squirrels are small and have big eyes and bushy tails.
- Their large eyes help them skilfully climb trees and avoid predators.
- Squirrels eat mostly nuts, fruits and seeds.
- Squirrels are born blind.
- Flying squirrels can’t fly like birds but they can glide between trees.
- Flying squirrels have been known to glide for distances of up to 90 metres
- A squirrel’s nest is called a drey.
If you’d like to find out more about how squirrels build their drey take a look here:
Have a lovely evening everyone and we’ll chat tomorrow.