This evening, the staff at SDS shared virtual presentations they had prepared on a range of topics and from a range of influential people, as part of our ongoing CPD. Many of these topics are strategies we use already in school and support our ongoing ethos of support, encouragement, determination and drive. What an amazing evening and what a fabulous group of staff we have at SDS. Another moment for me to feel proud!
If you’re interested, here are the list of presentations we all had the pleasure to hear-
- Tom Sherrington- Rosenshine’s Principles of Instruction
- Alex Quigley- Closing the Vocabulary Gap
- Rita Pierson-Every Kid Needs a Champion
- Carol Dweck- The Power of Yet
- Effective Feedback without Marking
- How are the elements of mastery supported throughout maths lessons?
- The importance of Connections and Representations within Primary Mathematics
- Improving Early Child Development with Words
Take care everyone and we’ll chat again tomorrow.