Everyone got their script today and I’m sure we will all enjoy rehearsing and performing this musical comedy.
Please read the whole script so that you get a sense of how the musical works as a whole. Then you might want to highlight the lines you speak but don’t forget to read the stage directions too. Now it’s time to start practising! There are many different ways to learn your lines, the trick is to find what works best for you. Here are some ideas…
- Take it in small steps – work on a single page or scene at a time.
- Read each line out loud, then cover and try without looking.
- Repeat this over and over again adding extra lines.
- Have a friend read other lines in to help you to learn your cues.
- Try recording yourself saying your lines and keep listening to it.
- Say your lines with the actions to link them in your mind.
- Keep practicing scenes you’ve learnt as you move to new scenes.
- When your lines are in your head, keep practicing or they’ll fall out!