This week’s art activity involves painting a ‘hug’ to be sent to a friend or family member.
Click on this link to a sway where you can watch a video clip of me reading a book called I Need a Hug by Suzie Linn with my children, they were very keen to join in again and are missing all their friends at school. Please make a note in the comment below if you have any stories you would like to see us read.
You can make a hug to send to a friend or family member.
- Lay down on a large piece of paper (wrapping paper or smaller paper taped together would work) spreading out our arms wide.
- Ask someone else to draw around you.
- Paint the picture that has been drawn of you.
- Add the words to the poem if you would like to:
I miss you when your’re far away,
I’d love to see you every day,
But since I can’t come over to play,
I’m sending you a hug today,
So although it may be quite a sight,
Wrap my arms around you tight!
Repeat daily to keep your smile bright,
Until we get to reunite!
5. Put it in an envelope and post it to a friend of family member that you are missing.