Week 2 of our project and the school was partially closed, children took part either at home or in school. Two afternoons of learning within the week was given to this project and siblings were encouraged to work together. Feedback from the children was that they were enjoying finding out more about the world around them and about recycling in particular. Children started to apply for Green Blue Peter badges and their creativity and happiness from being outdoors, making music and art was clear to see.
During week 2, the children learnt about the following-
- Why should we recycle?
- The National Waste Strategy
- The life of a recycled plastic bottle
- The reason behind the different coloured glass and why they need to be recycled differently.
- Music- creating your own instruments from recycled materials- a tambourine and maracas. How to compose a song.
- Art- colours in nature, making art from empty crisp packets, decoupage jars, sculptures made from recycled materials
- ST-design and make a bag from an old T-shirt, egg box art and sock puppets
Please look at the Sway here- https://sway.office.com/PBp8HlwVALNJJsto?ref=Link